Summer is right around the corner! Get into bathing suit shape with our new yoga classes by the pool!
Every other Tuesday we will now be offering a yoga class by the pool! This is free and open to all residents and their guests! We have extra yoga mats and we will provide water and Gatorade. All you have to bring is yourself!
Not up for a yoga class? No worries then we have a 24/7 two-story gym with every piece of equipment you may need! Treadmills? We got them. Medicine Balls? We have you covered! Free weights and weight machines to work every muscle? Not a problem!
And if you want to get that pre-tan before your summer starts? We have a stand-up and a lay down tanning bed available for resident's use during our office hours! Just come into the office and let a staff know you want to use the tanning bed and we would be happy to assist you.
GrandMarc at Tallahassee has you covered for all of your pre-summer needs!
We still have some availability for Fall in our studios, 1/1's and 2/2's! Stop by today and we can give you a tour and show you what it's like to live the Grand Life!
The end of the semester is fast approaching! And what does that mean? The week every student dreads....Finals Week. Heading into the last month of classes take a look at these tips for surviving the end of the semester!
1. Make a schedule- If you don't already use an appointment book or calendar to keep track of your obligations, find a calendar or scheduling program and write down when all of your final assignments are due and exams are happening.
2. Make lists- Lists can help reduce stress by removing the need to worry or wonder about what you need to do. Another plus of lists is that you get to check things off as you do them, which can feel satisfying.
3. Take breaks- Sometimes, the best thing to do if you're feeling frustrated and overwhelmed is to walk away for a little bit. Take a walk, get a coffee with a friend, go to the gym - do something that isn't working for an hour or so and come back.
4. Eat Well- Eating well during stressful times can help you feel fuller for longer, and can also prevent any physical discomfort from eating junk.
5. Sleep!- Make sure you are getting 8 hours of sleep. This will help you to retain information better and feel re-energized and ready for those last assignments, group projects, and final papers you have ahead of you.
6. Get started Early- Sure, it's fun to blow off some steam once classes are over, but partying all night right before finals week probably isn't the best strategy. That's not to say you shouldn't enjoy yourself at all - you can have a great time, but keep it in check so you can get started on studying and writing final papers before crunch time.
7. Partner up -If you can focus on your work, studying with friends can be helpful. Research has shown that quizzing yourself before a test is one of the more effective ways of retaining information
8. Ask Questions- Know what you're getting into with a test or assignment well before the due date. Ask professors what's going to be covered on the test and if they have any suggestions for what your focus should be while studying.
9. Look at Old Assignments- Going over old quizzes, midterms and papers can help raise your awareness of what to avoid doing, or what areas you need to brush up on. This will also help you from making the same mistakes twice!
10. Prioritize- If you're feeling completely overwhelmed by what you have to do, you might want to make an assessment and decide what needs the most of your time.
Future Residents and Renewals look out for your placement letter coming in your mailbox soon!
Future Residents in this letter you will find your apartment number and bedroom assignment as well as the names of your roommates. We have provided contact information for your roommates as well so you can get in contact with them before move-in day.
Also included is some information about what you need to do before move in. Such as how to pay your first month's rent which is due on August 1st. There are a couple of different ways you can pay your rent including an online payment with a credit card or e-check. Or you can send the office a money order or cashier's check.
You will also need to set up your electricity account with the city of Tallahassee. Once you have done this please make sure you send the confirmation to our office.
We also provide you with a "grocery list" for your move in day. This is just a suggestion list of what you may want to bring for your apartment when you move in.
If you have any questions regarding the information provided in your placement letter please contact the office!